This past August, Joe Pulizzi, the godfather of content marketing and one of the top 50 influencers in the world of online marketing was the keynote at DOYO Live in Youngstown, Ohio. Joe gave some very practical advice to implementing content marketing into your strategy:
- Find something that you and/or brand is the expert.
- Be passionate about it.
- Consistently put together interesting, compelling content.
- Utilize 1-platform - Blog, podcast, video, to push out that content.
- Create interest in a community that will subscribe to your email list.
- As you build a following start to monetize.
For businesses that already exist. It's a look at flipping the switch to taking this approach. However the challenge in content marketing is that many people and businesses for that matter give up way too soon. Often times it is a 12 - 18 month ROI on your marketing efforts. It's easy to see little wins along the way, activity, etc.
Give this blog article a read by Joe Pulizzi. It's how we built DOYO Live in year-1 to be a complete sell out. We churn out content consistently our a blog and share this information over social media.
We also have video and tomorrow a big webinar on how to get started on content marketing with a webinar. Sign up today for that event!.
ABOUT DOYO Live
DOYO Live is dedicated to educating marketing, business, sales and design professionals on marketing strategy through our online properties, workshops and our annual marketing conference in Youngstown, Ohio.