By: Dennis Schiraldi
Webinars are a really great way to generate a great deal of content to get your content marketing strategy going. And even more importantly for most businesses, is the fact they (webinars) are a tremendous way to generate leads. Here are 3 solid ways to make your next webinar a big success:
- Be Compelling – I spent time in Media Bistro’s Social Media Bootcamp a several years ago. Mike Monello, of the Blair Witch Project and Campfire, presented a wonderful story to make his point on the topic of Coney Island in Brooklyn, NY. His whole point, which was so well made, was to be compelling. Think of your product as an opportunity to tell a story. The more compelling you can create that story the more likely you will create interest, convert non-believers to believers and drive results. In the end we are all story tellers, painting an interesting picture of a product or story. And remember it's less about the product and more about why you do it!
- Engagement – A webinar is a great opportunity to connect with your content but not you unless you make it personal. It starts by asking thoughtful registration questions that will help you to qualify participants but not be too invasive, this will help you to get information that will never be answered in a post webinar survey. Turn on the camera and let them see your face, explain you are doing everything you can to make it interactive by using the chat and polling questions throughout the webinar. Assign yourself or someone in your company to moderate the chat, ask for a show of hands a couple of times, repeat questions in the chat for everyone to see and thank the person by first name only for asking. Be sure to conduct polling questions at section breaks. I like to use a webinar platform that will post it (the question) on the screen rather than the sidebar. Announce the polling question, read it and give a participation update, encourage people to participate. Wrap up the webinar with a live Q&A, if there are no questions restate 2 or 3 that were posted in the chat during the event.
- Timely Follow Up – For any lead generated, the longer it takes for follow up the less likely it will turn into a sales qualified lead. Harvard Business Review conducted a study that found companies that follow up within 1 hour from the time the lead was generated are 7x more effective to qualify the lead and 60x greater than those that wait 24 hours. While an automatic email (post webinar) is great for a show of appreciation. A phone call to participants (post webinar) referencing the event is the best way to turn a participant into a prospect. Which has a greater potential to convert into an opportunity and eventually a new customer!
Getting Started with Content Marketing – How About a Webinar?
Join Our Webinar – October 19, 2016 @ 11AM-EDT
Experts, including DOYO Live keynote, Joe Pulizzi recommend that if you are going to implement a content marketing strategy that you better be prepared to not expect big results for the first 18 months and that’s true for the most part.
However this is a bit of a challenge when there is pressure to produce immediate results.
Many businesses have high expectations of marketing to generate highly qualified leads that result in sales, driving ROI today.
What if I told you that it’s possible to implement a content marketing strategy that can not only generate high quality content, but also generate leads for your business in the next 30 days.
Join DOYO Live Founder, Dennis Schiraldi on October 19, 2016 at 11AM-EDT. In this 45 minute live webinar, he will show you the following:
- How to come up with a topic.
- Find thought leaders to present interesting content
- Generate awareness through content marketing
- Lead Generation
- How to engage your sales team and excite them about participation
- Pre-registration questions to consider to qualify participants
- Technology platforms
- Polling questions to ask
- Post webinar follow up
- Creative ways to re-purpose content
Dennis Schiraldi will be the featured presenter for this 45 minute webinar. Dennis is the Founder of DOYO Live and produced over 60 webinars in his career for companies such as: GE Healthcare, Konica Minolta Medical Imaging, SaaS based software companies and businesses in manufacturing. These webinars have generated thousands of leads and millions of dollars in revenue.
ABOUT DOYO Live:
Our mission is simple: DOYO Live is dedicated to the ongoing educating marketing, business, sales and design professionals on marketing strategy online, in-person workshops and our annual marketing conference in Youngstown, Ohio. We are also dedicated to helping with revitalization efforts in Youngstown, Ohio by helping to stimulate the economy and give back to the community.