We are very excited to introduce you to DOYO Live attendee, Becky Bertuzzi, Marketing Manager at VEC, Inc. in Girard, Ohio. VEC is a construction solutions provider serving a variety of industries including heavy industrial and oil and gas. Becky has been with the company for almost three years; prior to joining VEC, she worked for a large foodservice company (in her words, “my first big kid job”); Becky is a 2007 graduate of Youngstown State University, where she majored in Advertising and Public Relations and was a member of the Women’s Swim Team. Becky is also the owner of B2 Graphics, a freelance graphic design company.
We sat down with Becky over lunch to get to know her, talk marketing, learn about VEC and her interests in DOYO, check it out:
- What social media site could you not live without? Instagram! I am a visual person by nature and I love looking at pictures. My favorite Instagram feed is Humans of New York – @humansofny
- What do you love about content marketing? I love that you get to tell a story. I think that content marketing connects with a person on a more emotional level than traditional marketing and advertising does. VEC has so many cool stories to tell and content marketing is the perfect platform to share them on.
- What are you hoping to get out of DOYO Live? I want to strengthen VEC’s content marketing strategy so learning how to do that is at the top of my list. In addition to that, I’d also like to learn more about big data and how it can be applied to our business development efforts.
- Best Pizza in Youngstown? I was born and raised in Warren so my favorite pizza is from Carmen’s Pizza on Youngstown Road in Warren. Their sauce has a little kick to it and I swear I could eat half a pizza by myself J
- Favorite non-work and non-marketing things to do? I have a few! I love to golf, go wakeboarding, I snowboard in the winter and I’ve been doing Crossfit for four years. I also shoot competitively with my dad.
- What are currently reading book, blog, magazine, etc.? My guilty pleasure book that I’m reading is the adapted screenplay of Star Wars The Force Awakens (fun fact: I am a HUGE Star Wars fan). However, I did just get a copy of Content Inc. so I’ll be digging into that soon. (Thanks Becky nice plug for DOYO, all attendees get a complimentary copy of keynote speaker Joe Pulizzi’s, Content Inc.)
- What’s the best professional advice you’ve ever been given? I’ve had the pleasure of working with some really great people during my short professional career and they’ve given me a lot of good advice. I think the one piece of advice that sticks out is to continue to learn. Read. Attend conferences. Network. Always continue to learn new things and develop new ideas. When you become complacent, you fail to grow professionally and as a person.
Thanks so much Becky for taking time to answer our questions and share your interests for DOYO, marketing and letting us get to know you a little better. Be sure to read about VEC, a great locally owned and operated company with a great content marketing strategy, that are doing some really amazing things, also be sure connect with them on Instagram!